''...I'll rearrange the accounting so that Vincenzo gets fifteen, I get five, and you get your ten percent share."
Basilio grinned wide when he heard that. He had managed to get most of the loan back and now he would get the rest of it in time from Bastian's and Vincenzo's work. And he didn't need to a thing about it! Though he'd probably send a goon here or there just as a reminder that what would happen in the flow of the coins ever stopped for some reason.
"And if I find Vincenzo before you do, I'll be sure to rearrange the other set of books he keeps."
Basilio patted Bastian on the shoulder almost fathery like. ''You are a good boy, a smart one. It is a good thing that we've managed to get into agreement. You have no idea how hard it is to get blood out from your clothes. Its almost like tomato, once it is on it, it never truly leaves'' he said before turning and heading out with his goons. Before he left, he turned to look at Bastian.
''And if you are ever in need of cash, I'm sure we can work out some sort of loan agreement. Until next time'' he said with wave of his hand and snickered out loud.
@Meg
Re: Blood in the water
#22Bastian had gone white by now, his hands shaking as he rearranged the accounts in the books, the pen loose in his hand as he added an additional credit to the percentage of profits, listing it under the name 'security'. In case tax collectors or the port authority came looking for their accounts he preferred they not find the name of one of Venice's most lucrative loan sharks listed as having a share in their business. There would be questions. Questions he did not have the answers to.
Bastian nodded absently at Basilio's remarks about blood while his collar reddened from the cut on his neck. "I, uh, yes. I will be sure to keep you in mind," he said as Basilio laughed and waved.
When he and his goons had finally left Bastian locked the door to his office and sat down upon the floor, staring up at the ceiling and praying to every saint he could name.
Bastian nodded absently at Basilio's remarks about blood while his collar reddened from the cut on his neck. "I, uh, yes. I will be sure to keep you in mind," he said as Basilio laughed and waved.
When he and his goons had finally left Bastian locked the door to his office and sat down upon the floor, staring up at the ceiling and praying to every saint he could name.
Fin
word count: 162








